IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Red Zen Pilates Studio
Pilates 101: What to expect from you first pilates session
Pilates is a high intensity, low impact exercise that promises to give you a longer, leaner body through an emphasis on building core strength and improving flexibility and posture. A quick glance around a studio will reveal a variety of odd-looking contraptions can be intimidating.
Not to worry, Red Zen, the leading Pilates studio in Barbados reveals what to expect when attending your first Pilates session:
1. Expect to start from the beginning. Pilates is a sequential workout. You will learn to move through the exercises in a slow and safe manner.
2. Expect your instructor to ask questions. Pilates is a workout fit for everyone, every lifestyle and every fitness goal, even those with injuries.
3. Expect to find your abdominals. You might think you have no ab muscles but think again! In your first session, you will be introduced to your abs and learn how can engage them to create length in your spine.
4. Expect to move. There’s no time to get bored in a Pilates session. However, don’t worry about mastering anything to begin with, doing Pilates is very much a work in progress.
5. Expect to feel a little weird. Remember this is brand new. You might be moving parts of your body in a way you’ve never moved them before. Don’t fret – by your second session, you will already be familiar with some of the exercises.
6. Expect to enjoy the class!
Red Zen Pilates Studio classes can be conducted as private, semi private, or in a class setting at your home or office, or of course at the studio. For additional ease and convenience, check out the Red Zen Pilates Studio mobile app. Users are able to log on and schedule classes, review their packages, account details, and can be notified when specials are out.
The app is downloadable from the apple and play store, by simply searching for Red Zen Pilates Studio.